EXPLORE HA NOI ON THE TWO WHEELS
This 25 km loop including biking through many historical sites, beautiful lakes, gorgeous pagodas and temples, lovely streets, and etc., is an ideal way to explore Ha Noi. You will have good opportunities to touch the local culture and watch Ha Noi from a quiet side – West Lake. We will work hard to make sure a nice and safe Hanoi day trip with the least traffic for you.
08:00 A.M. you will be picked up at your hotel and transferred to the meeting point in front of Intercontinental Hanoi Hotel. The places we will pass include:
• Ha Noi villas in old and new styles
• Stop at Phu Tay Ho: The temple, perhaps the most popular place to worship in Ha Noi, was built in the 16th century to worship Mother Goddess, to whom the temple is dedicated.
• See Buddhist pagodas such as Tao Sach Pagoda, Kim Lien Pagoda.
• Stop for a cup of coffee and/or tea by the lake. You have now seen much of the west lake and some of the city of Ha Noi. There are some minutes for you to witness the beauty of the lake again. The west lake is also a place many national kayaking athletes use to practice for their next tournaments.
• Admire beautiful Vietnam national flower – lotus if you are biking in Ha Noi in the summer.
Your biking trip is not just about great fun to see the West Lake and part of Ha Noi, it is an eco-friendly and emission free way of travel to make our world in a better place.
Your lunch will be served in a nice Vietnamese buffet restaurant. In the afternoon, our city tour will start with a visit to the Temple of Literature. In 1076, Quoc Tu Giam - Vietnam's first university - was established next to the temple to educate the children of the Vietnamese royalty, mandarins, and members of the elite. The university functioned for an incredible period of 700 years, and its gardens and well-preserved architecture offer a wonderful glimpse of Vietnam’s past. If you are lucky enough, you may meet a calligraphy master and have an opportunity to learn about this art work. Do not forget to ask him for your lucky words. You will continue to visit the fascinating museum – the Vietnam Museum of Ethnology. This place is a research center and a public museum exhibiting the 54 ethnic groups of Vietnam.
At the end of the afternoon visit Hanoi’s Old Quarter also known as “the 36 streets”. Take a walking tour through charming Hang Be Market and around gorgeous Hoan Kiem Lake. This bustling area of narrow streets and alleys is home to literally thousands of small businesses and shopkeepers. Do not forget to bring some hand-made gifts from this city to your beloved ones at home. Back to your hotel and be on your own for the rest of the day.
Overnight in Ha Noi.